Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rendezvous

Finally after almost two months I have received my camera back, repaired and ready for business.

It feels good to be behind a lens again. I am expecting my new 35mm 1.8 lens to turn up any day now which will definitely be getting a work out when it turns up.

My shoot today was for a friend's portfolio for styling; asking me to take the shots for her. I was happy to oblige and get my camera back into action. We had three looks and three separate locations for each look. The shoot was at the behest of nature. I woke this morning to the drizzle outside the window. Hampered by grey clouds and hard white/blue natural light the photos needed some maintenance.

Here is a before and after of one of the shots:

After
Before

Some simple variations in Photoshop later and you get a totally different outlook on the photo and the intended styling. Here are some more shots from the shoot today.







All in all it was a good shoot and I have another planned for the 23rd of January with Karlie Whybro and a landscape shoot the same day at sunrise. 



Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected.
-Robert Frank



Jess|x 


No comments:

Post a Comment